Bill Blend is a Shareholder and a member of the Firm’s Governmental Practice Group (GPG). Bill has over 21 years of public and private sector accounting experience. The goal of the GPG is to work as a team in order to guarantee the success of our clients.
Bill has performed audits on over 30 governmental entities. He has substantial experience in planning, performing, supervising, reviewing and preparing financial statements related to the audits of governmental entities subject to Government Auditing Standards, Federal Single Audit requirements and Florida Single Audit requirements.
Bill has completed over 80 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) in the areas of governmental accounting and auditing within the past two years. Bill is a Certified Fraud Examiner. He has investigated several cases involving business fraud including testifying in court cases. Bill is also trained in the use of “IDEA” data mining software.
- Long Island University, BS degree in Accounting
- C.P.A., Certified Public Accountant, licensed in Florida
- C.F.E., Certified Fraud Examiner – Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce Finance Committee
- Member of the Florida Government Finance Officers Association
- Member of the FGFOA Conference Committee
- Instructor for the FGFOA and develops and teaches Firm auditing classes
- FICPA Discussion Leader – Ethics for Governmental CPAs in Florida
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- FICPA High School Coordinator for Seminole County